Faustin has extensive experience in banking and debt collection in Burundi since 2008 and has navigated at the heart of banking sector regulation.
Faustin is a former Head of a Bank Agency of a well-established Burundian commercial Bank and has been confronted with issues related to the compliance of legislation and regulations specific to the banking sector.
In addition, he is fully familiar with the procedures for amicable collection and judicial enforcement (standby sale, payment orders, seizure and sale of the business, etc.).
Faustin has varied experiences in legal matters in Burundi including:
+257 75 654 000
- Advising a Microfinance in its compliance with the new Banking Law of 2017, in particular with regard to the interpretation of previous Central Bank regulations.
- Assisting and representing international banks established in Burundi in debt collection.
- Assisting and representing microfinance institutions operating in Burundi in the recovery of their debts.
- Drafting and negotiating credit agreements with several banks and microfinance institutions.
- Negotiating several credit restructuring agreements.
- Participating in the drafting of credit agreements, securities (mortgage guarantees, pledges).
- Assisting and negotiating repayment plans for creditors (public companies).
- Teaching Banking Law at the Martin Luther King University (academic year 2013- 2014).
- Participating in the collection of receivables for private companies operating in the telecommunications sector in Burundi.
2006-2007 Bachelor of Laws, Université Lumière de Bujumbura, Burundi.
Admitted to the Bujumbura Bar in 2015.
Banking and Finance
Corporate and commercial
Trust Juris Chambers is a full service corporate and business law firm with a variety of clients including local and international corporations, private businesses, non-governmental and international organisations. Our main areas of practice are corporate and commercial, litigation and arbitration, employment, tax, intellectual property, competition, telecommunications, energy and mining.
Trust Juris Chambers
7 Avenue Mwaro
Rohero I (Quartier INSS)
P.O. Box: 6111
+257 22 27 96 44 / 75 654 000
© 2020 Trust Juris Chambers. All rights reserved.