Charities and Non-profit
Our Charities team has strong contacts with other professionals working in the charity/non-profit sector such as accountants, consultants and recruitment experts who specialise in this area. An area in which we have particular expertise is setting up charities and philanthropic structures for both high-net-worth philanthropists and charities.
Special rates are available to charities and non-profit organisations and we are happy to offer a free initial consultation to assess whether we are able to assist you with your legal needs. We are deeply committed to the charities and non-profit sector and have established a pro-bono programme which includes undertaking work for a number of charities and locally based projects.
We have charities practice and act for charities and non-profit organisations operating in a diverse range of areas.
We advise on a full spectrum of charity law issues including:
- Advice on constitutional and tax matters;
- Establishing new charities and handling registration and other dealings with the Burundi Ministry of external relations and international cooperation;
- Corporate and commercial matters including negotiating commercial contracts, charity mergers and structuring other forms of collaboration between charities;
- Employment law;
- Intellectual property matters such as branding, IP protection and exploitation, and reputational issues;
- Litigation: including mediating employees disputes and dealing with compliance issues;
- A wide range of property matters from investments to charity premises;
- Providing bespoke training sessions for charity employees on their duties and obligations.
Trust Juris Chambers is a full service corporate and business law firm with a variety of clients including local and international corporations, private businesses, non-governmental and international organisations. Our main areas of practice are corporate and commercial, litigation and arbitration, employment, tax, intellectual property, competition, telecommunications, energy and mining.
Trust Juris Chambers
7 Avenue Mwaro
Rohero I (Quartier INSS)
P.O. Box: 6111
+257 22 27 96 44 / 75 654 000
© 2020 Trust Juris Chambers. All rights reserved.